While shaving is a necessary part of every man’s normal everyday routine, the way in which men shave differs from one man to the next. The primary differentiation is in the tool that is used to accomplish the shave or more specifically, the razor that is used. There are two basic types of razors and they are the manual razor and the electric razor. Each of these options have their own benefits but there are 5 specific advantages to using an electric razor.
The 5 Advantages of Using an Electric Razor
1. Convenience – The biggest advantage to using an electric razor is its convenience. When time is of the essence, there is no better way to shave than with an electric razor. In fact, electric razors are so convenient that they can be used while on the move. This is because of the fact that the electric razors used today are cordless. That’s right, they are attached to the charging cord when not in use but can be removed from the cord when it is time to go. The perfect shave can be achieved from anywhere it is needed.
2. Speed – This is another advantage directly related to time and therefor has the ability to save an enormous amount of it. While the standard razor requires preparation and a water source, an electric razor only requires a face in need of a shave. When the time comes to shave, a switch is flipped and the razor turns on. No fuss, no muss. It’s as easy as that!
3. Mess Free – Using a standard razor has a few requirements that are absolutely necessary. These include a sink with running water and shaving cream. Without these requirements, a standard razor would be quite useless but shaving with a standard razor is messy none the less. There is typically quite a mess left behind once a shave, with a standard razor, is complete. An electric razor has no requirements and the hair is trapped in a small compartment in the razor itself. Once again no fuss, no muss.
4. No More Nicks – Most men understand that using a standard razor comes with risks. Because a standard razor has actual razor blades, there is always a chance of getting cut during the shaving process. In fact, there isn’t a man who hasn’t experienced one of those all too famous gotchas. With an electric razor, there is no chance of getting nicked whatsoever.
5. No Extra Expenses – It has already been established that an electric razor has no additional requirements which means there are no additional expenses. However, when a standard razor is used, there are a few items that must be used regularly. These items include shaving cream and after shave lotion. While both of these items could probably be omitted from the shaving process, the experience would be quite unpleasant without them.
The advantages to using an electric razor are quite convincing so if you find an opportunity to use one, give it a try. You might just find that you like it.